International Women’s Day is celebrated every year on 8 March to celebrate women’s achievements politically, socially and economically. The 2017 theme ‘’Be Bold for Change’’ calls on everyone to help forge a better working world that is gender inclusive and truly drives change for women.
In line with this theme, Hivos East Africa is profiling bold women doing exemplary work in their own communities thanks to support from our hub.
Using the tagline: #WomenUnlimited, their stories are accompanied by powerful imagery and a 1-minute video. Using creative photography as a tool for storytelling, the images explore concepts of the actions these women have undertaken with Hivos’ support in these areas:
- Championing for women’s rights in cultural spaces
- Leading innovation in a creatives hub
- Upscaling the use of biogas in the community
- Championing for the inlcusion of Lesbian, Gender and Queer Women
- Advocating for the rights of sex workers
"This article was originally published on Hivos Eastafrica Click here to view the original article"