Hivos Southern Africa aims towards an open and green society, inspired by humanist values such as freedom, dignity, responsibility and curiosity. Our objective is that every person can live in freedom and dignity on a planet that is sustainable. We pride ourselves as upholding the principles of Social innovation of generating new ideas and approaches that resolve existing social, cultural, economic and environmental challenges for the benefit of people and planet.
The Strong in Diversity, Bold on Inclusion programme, is a consortium of partners, bringing together African LGBT+ networks, research institutes, international NGOs and linking pins to multinational corporations. The programme aims to ensure that LGBT+ communities are more resilient and experience greater socio-economic and well being with people and institutions that acknowledge and respect the human rights of LGBT+ people and societal leaders that safeguard and ensure the socio-economic inclusion of LGBT+ people.
Hivos Southern Africa leads a consortium that brings together African LGBT+ networks, research institutes and international NGOs who co-designed this program. In five African cities the programme supports LGBT+ organisations directly, while it also works to create a critical mass of allies for human rights and inclusion of LGBT+ persons. To help us finalize the co-design phase of the program and lead it when the pending funding agreement is signed, Hivos Southern Africa is looking for a:
Aim of the job
The Administration & Finance Officer is responsible for all office administration tasks of the Programme; such as Procurements, Supplier Contract documents, Travel and accommodation. He/She assists management and others in the operational, financial and administrative organisation of the work of the Office. He/She safeguards financial assets through implementation of financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems.
The Administration & Finance Officer:
- Manages the office logistics, including the procurement, utilization and maintenance of office equipment, assets, office supplies and services in accordance with Hivos quality procedures and the standard operational guidelines.
- Monitors the sub-contracting of goods and services, including ensuring that contracts are sent to partner organizations and tracking contracts to be signed and returned;
- Arranges, coordinates and take minutes of internal meetings;
- Arranges logistics and administration for PR-organized events, activities and workshops;
- Provides administrative support to staff and project partners for organizing project activities at the regional and local levels;
- Assists in the preparation of materials for meetings, trainings and workshops, as required;
- Plans and coordinates appointments for the Programme Manager and coordinate the overall office agenda;
- Maintains and documents the general office calendar;
- Organizes and prepares logistics requirements for local and international official travel for staff;
- Provides administrative, logistical and contact support for incoming visitors/guests of the staff;
- Monitors programme administration, duty trips and cash advances-liquidations made
- Develops and maintains office property list/inventory;
- Ensures proper filing of programme-related documentation and correspondence in both electronic and hard copy form;
- Maintains the Library of materials;
- Ensures that the correct and most recent versions of the Hivos quality system and procedures are available in the office and are being used by staff.
- Ensures that all office equipment and services are appropriately maintained;
- Coordinates with Grant Officer to ensure that programme-related payments are made/received on time and appropriate confirmations are received/sent;
- In coordination with Grant Officer, registers receipt of financial reports and coordinate distribution of such reports.
- Relevant Degree in Finance
- Relevant work experience: at least 3 years
- Work experience in complex financial environments
- Excellent analytical & writing skills
- Experience in working with the donor funded systems and procedures an added advantage
- Self motivation and enthusiasm and ability to work under own initiative
What we offer
Hivos offers a challenging position in an international environment. This position will be based in Hivos Southern Africa in Zimbabwe. Hivos welcomes International & Regional applicants but can only offer a position to only those with a valid work permit for Zimbabwe. Candidates who identify as part of the LGBT+ community are strongly encouraged to apply. Hivos can only offer employment on local terms and conditions.
If you meet the above mentioned qualifications, send a letter explaining your motivation and your CV to: email@example.com by 4 November 2018. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.