The Finance Officer hierarchically falls under supervision of and reports to the Finance Controller.
The Finance Officer supports programme and project teams in both the resource mobilization process and the result delivery process: the financial project accounts. The Finance Officer prepares budgets and financial aspects of project proposals; administers the donor and implementing contracts; and manages the related cash flow and reporting schedules. The Finance Officer administers and reviews the income statements of project implemented by Hivos Hub SEA and assist the Project teams with their internal and external reporting obligations.
1. Budgeting and forecasting.
- Controlling and monitoring budget to ensure fund availability for each programme.
- Performing a financial intake assessment on the institutional level, with a level of detail depending on the partner contract amount as stated in the grant management (intake and contracting procedures).
- Checking and assessing budget proposals from partner organizations in accordance with existing standards and procedures.
- Learning Hub SEA and partners’ forecast to request fund to donors to ensure the availability of budget.
2. Assessing financial reports from partner organizations.
- Assessing financial reports of partner organizations to ensure the accuracy and correctness of budget charging, and also to ensure the consistency with the annual report.
- Verifying whether the audited financial statements sent by partner organizations present sufficient information and insights of the overall financial management of the organizations.
- Verifying all office equipment procured are in accordance with donors requirements.
3. Preparing financial reports.
- Ensuring the availability of all financial information for the reports in Hivos Hub SEA database.
- Liaising with all related parties in preparing the financial reports.
- Preparing financial reports by consolidating financial report of partner organizations and Hivos Hub SEA for checking and approval of FO and Hivos Office Donor Relations.
- Ensuring the completeness of supporting financial documents as required by donors
4. Filing financial documentation
- Establishing filing system to ensure the availability of required financial documents of programmes.
- Ensuring all office equipment purchased by programmes are registered, maintained and handed over as required by donors.
5. Organizing external audit for partner organizations
- Scheduling external audits for partner organizations as required by donors.
- Coordinating with the appointed auditor and partner organizations to ensure the timeliness of audit report submissions to donors.
- Providing data to auditor.
6. Monitoring of partner grants and projects
- Visiting partners in order to review the financial management related to a project funded by Hivos.
- Coordinating partner financial inspections.
- Assisting partner organizations in financial management.
- Reviewing payment request related to the programmes.
- Performing site compliance monitoring check
- Providing advices on financial matters related to programmes.
- Supporting Hivos Hub SEA office accounting as required.
- Contributing to project update as well as project coordination meeting.
Knowledge and experiences :
- Relevant education level of working and thinking.
- Relevant work experience: minimum 5 years.
- Expertise in accounting.
- Work experience in international environment
What we offer
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.)
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies. For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/