Hivos Southeast Asia (Hivos SEA) seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of Finance Officer.
Hivos is seeking an experienced Finance Officer to provide services for an upcoming Hivos’ project on pluralism, tolerance and education. The work location for this assignment is in Jakarta. This will be a long-term opportunity. The start date for this position is early 2020. Only Indonesian National can apply.
Aim of the job
The Financial Officer (FO) position aims to ensure that the entire financial management system is run efficiently and effectively. The FO supports project team in both the resource mobilisation process and the result delivery process: the financial project accounts. The FO designs and prepares budgets and financial aspects of project proposals; administers the donor and implementing contracts; and manages the related cash flow and reporting schedules. The FO assesses budgets and financial statements of grantees. The FO administers and reviews the income statements of projects implemented by Hivos and assists the Project Leaders with their internal and external reporting obligations.
The Financial Officer position is part of the key project team member and is part of the primary process, hence is directly or vertically linked to the CoP/Project Manager. The FO position is also linked to the activities of the Financial Manager/Controller. The FO will work with the Financial Tender Support and Compliance Officer positions, which focus on compliance regarding donor requirements in the primary process: results, budget and deployment of proposals and contract (implementation).
Roles and responsibilities
Budgeting and resource mobilizations
- Learning all related donor’s guidelines before budget preparation to ensure the capability of Hivos to comply with requirements.
- Developing budget to be embedded in project proposal, together with program teams, using Hivos’ budget tools and to ensure that related parties are enabled to work according to guidelines.
- Assisting the program team during the budget negotiations with donors.
- Controlling and monitoring budget to ensure fund availability for each program.
- Carrying out intake assessments as required by Hivos grant management and control framework.
- Assisting the program team in creating any contracts to partner organizations by providing advice on partner budget, payment schedules, taxation, reporting and monitoring schedules that would mitigate financial risk.
- Carrying out contract intake assessment and contract monitoring as required by Hivos risk based grants control framework.
- Organizing external certification/audit as necessary.
- Strengthening financial management capacities of partner organizations to ensure accuracy, transparency and accountability, this including developing, maintaining and training staff in the proper application of time-keeping, data collection and management.
- Producing quarterly budget comparisons and sharing it with the related Program Manager.
- Coordinating with the Accounting Manager related to the project staff charging.
- Ensuring project staff timesheet are available monthly.
- Monitoring budget allocations, expenditures, fund balances and related financial activities for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate and recorded, expenses are within budget limits and/or fiscal practices are followed.
- Reviewing project payment request (accuracy information, budget and fund availability).
- Producing accurate and timely project financial report and supporting documents as required by donors.
- Maintaining good filing for the project (both soft and hard files).
- Ensuring accurately and timely grant billings to donors.
- Ensuring all office equipment purchased by project are registered, maintained and handed over as required by donors.
- Supporting Hivos office accounting as required.
- Carrying out other tasks as requested by the supervisor
Knowledge and experiences
Level : Senior
- Relevant higher professional education level of working and thinking.
- Strong accounting background
- Work experience: 5-7 years.
- Experience working with external parties
- Expertise in financial project management and accounting.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Finance Officer graded in Grade: 9-10 (from 1-12 Hivos’s SEA service agreement salary grade).
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 December 2019.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (Finance Officer) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/
Opened position for national level / Indonesian nationality.