The Hivos Global Office in The Hague is offering an internship opportunity starting in September to gain experience in developing (online) communication strategies and strengthening media relations within the Strategy, Communication and Innovation Unit (SCI).
At the heart of Hivos’ strategy are frontrunners. They can be activists, social entrepreneurs or artists, operating at the frontline of developments because of their great ideas, new solutions, high-impact collaborations, and bold approaches. Hivos catalyzes their innovative, persistent attempts to realize social change. The SCI Unit plays a pivotal role in positioning Hivos as an innovator for social change.
As our Digital Communications and Media Relations intern you will help communicate the organization’s mission and vision externally. You will enhance the Hivos’ visibility through media outreach
Specifically you will:
- assist the Corporate Communication Specialist and Chief Editor in researching potential opportunities for exposure in (online) media
- work on setting up a monitoring system to gain better insights in Hivos’ current media exposure and audiences
- create influencer and media lists for our thematic areas in order to maximize the visibility of Hivos content
- provide assistance in writing press releases, factsheets and Q&A’s
- provide assistance in producing, writing and publishing stories, interviews, articles and pictures about Hivos’ work on our corporate website and social media channels
- support with (internal) communications needs
- You will learn to bring what you have studied into practice in an NGO environment
- You will get the chance to do a survey on modern media relations and the role of influencers in an international environment
- You will get the opportunity to learn more about media exposure with classic and social media
- In this internship the following competences will be challenged:
- Analytic, Planning and organizing abilities
- Creating content
- Formulate communication advice
- are enrolled in an education in the field of communications or journalism
- identify with the mission and vision of Hivos and its key thematic areas
- have an interest global development issues
- have knowledge of online communications (such as producing content and creating social media campaigns)
- are energetic, flexible, able to multi-task and not afraid to pick up the phone
- have excellent communication and social interaction skills, both verbally and in writing in Dutch and preferably in English.
What we offer
Hivos offers a stimulating work environment in an informal, international organization with a dedicated staff of almost 400 passionate employees, working in different locations around the world. During your internship you will be mentored by the Corporate Communication Specialist and the Chief Editor.
As an intern you will receive a fee of € 300,00 per month (for fulltime = 36 hrs per week) and travel costs are compensated.
Hivos is a humanist organization for social change. Based on a track record of 50 years of partnering with frontrunners in daring, innovative and impactful development programs, Hivos seeks new and creative solutions to persistent global problems, such as discrimination, inequality, abuse of power, and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Hivos works towards open and green societies. Please see https://hivos.org/about-hivos for more information about our vision and mission.
For more information on this vacancy, you may contact Mark Schleedoorn, Chief Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply before September 22, 2019. Both a letter of motivation and resume need to be submitted in English to Hivos via e-mail to email@example.com with reference code 500-12 in the subject.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.