Hivos is working internationally on the themes of “Open” and “Green”, with regional hubs in Latin America, Southern Africa, East Africa and South East Asia. This was mainly done through re-granting of government funding. To this purpose, Hivos implemented an ERP system, “Osiris” in 2010, based on Compiere/Oracle. Since 2010, Hivos has started its transformation into a project-driven organization. This has led to changes in working processes, resulting in new requirements for the ERP system. Furthermore, essential work flows were decentralized to the regional hubs. This also calls for adjustments to the ERP system.
The first phase of the adjustment of the Hivos ERP system (OSIRIS) has been completed. With this foundation it is now time to integrate a number of key processes in the ERP-system, including (1) direct donor reporting from the system; (2) integration of the internal control environment; (3) a project implementation dash board (including the M&E/IATI reporting); (4) budget forecast; and (5) multi-currency possibility.
Given the diverse responsibilities and needs of the end users, Hivos is seeking a qualified Project Manager who can assure implementation throughout Hivos. The consultant is expected to focus on communication and change management, to assure both capacity and commitment from the end users to work efficiently with the system.
The project manager will be responsible for the following activities:
- To complete the set of key processes to be integrated in Osiris at this stage, including but not limited to the aforementioned ones;
- To investigate the (technical and operational) possibilities of implementation;
- To plan the implementation and prepare the timeline;
- To coordinate the technical adjustments to the system;
- To lead the process of adaptation within Hivos.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience with ERP-implementation in a complex environment;
- Project management qualifications (e.g PRINCE2);
- Preferably experience with open source software;
- Affinity with the objectives of Hivos;
- You live in the Netherlands, you are EU citizen or have a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands;
- Strong communication skills and ability to train and coach users;
- Willingness to travel to the Hivos regional hubs.
What we offer
We offer a stimulating work environment in a professional international organization with very dedicated staff. Employment is offered as soon as possible for the period of one year. Depending on your experience your salary will be according Hivos scale 11/12. Travel cost compensation is in accordance with Hivos Regulations. We offer participation in the pension fund Zorg & Welzijn.
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
If you want to know more about this vacancy, you can contact Thomas Klompmaker, Manager FSC: firstname.lastname@example.org