Hivos Southern Africa Hub, aims towards an open and green society, inspired by humanist values such as freedom, dignity, responsibility and curiosity. Our objective is that every person can live in freedom and dignity on a planet that is sustainable. We pride ourselves as upholding the principles of Social Innovation of generating new ideas and approaches that resolve existing social, cultural, economic and environmental challenges for the benefit of people and planet.
Hivos has a long track record of being creative and innovative. As such Hivos is the Principal Recipient (PR) of a GFTAM (Global Fund Tuberculosis AIDS & Malaria) funded programme for Key Populations - Representation, Evidence and Advocacy for Change in Health: referred to as KP REACH. This programme is housed under the Hivos Southern Africa Hub, which is based in Harare. The grant covers 8 countries in Southern Africa and aims to reduce stigma and description among Key Population and increase their access to HIV services.
The Junior Programme Officer KP REACH will work under the supervision of the Project Director for the KP REACH Programme to:
- Assist with coordination with SRs (Sub-Recipients) towards proper and well timed programme implementation.
- Assist the Programme Coordinator in monitoring the project budget and financial expenditures against programmatic activities, to ensure conformity with the approved detailed implementation plan for the KP REACH grant.
- Assist the Programme Coordinator in the management of the KP REACH budget and ensuring disbursements to the SRs are done timely and are in line with the budget.
- Assist in performing OSIRIS functions (Information Management System) which include contract development, fund requests and reporting.
- Assist the Programme Coordinator in the day to day project correspondence, information sharing, arrange for periodic meetings with key stakeholders and SRs.
- Provides support in organising regional and international coordination meetings, including liaising with participants on these events; e.g. International AIDS Conference 2018.
- Assist the Programme Coordinator to prepare reports, statistical charts, tables and regular CCM presentations for NPO country updates.
- Coordinating meetings with SRs, drafting response letters, including Management Letters, preparation of agendas, minutes/materials for bi-momthly GF/PR/SR meetings.
- Coordinating SR issues through meetings, conference calls, by telephone or e-mails and attending their meetings to ensure progress in the project implementation.
- Assist in preparing quarterly narrative and annual programme reports.
- Supporting knowledge building for the project by compiling of the end of project reports.
- At least a University Degree in Development Studies, Policy Studies, Psychology, Public Health, or equivalent
- At least 3 years working in an International NGO
- Familiar with the current International, Regional and National Energy and Environment Initiatives
- Advocacy and lobbying experience
- Flexible and innovative
- Ability to work under pressure
What we offer
Hivos offers a challenging position in an international environment.
The Regional office is based in Harare, Zimbabwe. This position will be based in Harare Zimbabwe. Hivos welcomes International & Regional applicants but can only offer a position to only those with a valid work permit for Zimbabwe or South Africa. Hivos can only offer employment on local terms and conditions.
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.