Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
Hivos East Africa is looking for a Program Assistant who would be responsible for the comprehensive, confidential and professional support service to Programs in all aspects concerned with the efficient and successful operation according to the organisational requirements and procedures
- Perform general administrative duties e.g. copying, email correspondence, taking minutes.
- File and retrieve program documents, records and reports.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for staff.
- Maintain office calendar to coordinate work flow and meetings.
- Assist in bookkeeping services such as preparing and entering invoices, expense reports.
- Create and modify documents e.g. invoices, reports, memos, and letters using word processing, spreadsheet, database and/or other presentation using Microsoft Office.
- Assist in preparation and dissemination of contracts for partners and consultants using the Hivos information management system.
- Assist program teams to undertake monitoring of program implementation and ensure reports from partners and consultants are delivered in time, reviewed and approved.
- Support staff in project‐based work including researching and formatting documents.
- May conduct research, compile data and prepare papers for consideration and presentation.
- Assist in the set up and coordination of meetings and conferences.
- Assist in organizing workshops, seminars and other related program meetings.
- Any other duties as maybe assigned by the Regional Operations Manager or Program Managers.
- Good writing, analytical and problem‐solving skills.
- Proficient in computers (MS Office) & Internet use.
- Organizational, administration, and office management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of bookkeeping.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn and use information management software
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience.
- Proven proficiency in computer and internet use.
What we offer
We offer a competitive package based on the candidate’s qualifications.