The Hivos Global Office is offering an internship opportunity starting September 3rd, 2019 to gain experience in programme implementation and research in international arts and culture within the Resource Of Open Minds (R.O.O.M.) programme. The objective of the internship is to strengthen the practical (research) skills of a graduate in the context of an international organization that implements programmes on the ground. You will be located in The Hague or Amsterdam.
Resource of Open Minds (R.O.O.M.) supports the creative work of a new generation of artists, musicians, filmmakers and content creators worldwide who investigate and challenge the status quo in the societies in which they live. R.O.O.M. is the place for these creative futurists: young people who have a critical independent mind-set and a do-it-yourself attitude. As Hivos, we believe that creative and critical art has the power to question hegemonic structures in society, to create alternative narratives, imagine new realities, and bring about progressive social change. We aim to contribute to the diversification of dialogue, debate and dissent in society.
The internship will cover three aspects of the programme’s research and implementation components:
1. Monitoring and Evaluation – Resource Of Open Minds (R.O.O.M.) programme;
2. Digital Earth – global fellowship program for mid-career artists;
3. Collaboration Grants – grants that facilitate experimentation and exchange between creative hubs on the African Continent.
Specifically, this involves:
1. Collecting of data and assessing reports from R.O.O.M. partners;
2. Conduct research into activist practices and the public sphere in the art field;
3. Support the Digital Earth team preparing international events.
Under supervision of the Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning coordinator you will have the opportunity to write a thesis.
The Open Thematic Area ‘Freedom of Expression’, specifically R.O.O.M. (Resource of Open Minds) Programme.
– Master student seeking internship at the intersection of arts & culture and development sector;
– Bachelor of Arts in art history, cultural and media studies, cultural analysis, cultural economics or any related field;
– Living in The Netherlands;
– Excellent command of the English language;
What we offer
We offer a stimulating work environment in a professional international organization with very dedicated staff. The internship position is offered as soon as possible for the period of four to six months, with possible extension for a longer period.
As a graduate intern you will receive a fee of € 400.00 per month (for fulltime = 36 hrs per week) and travel cost are compensated.
Hivos is an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organizations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
Want to know more?
For more information: Renée Roukens, project officer email@example.com.
How to apply
Please apply before 23 August 2019. Both a letter of motivation and resume need to be submitted in English to Hivos via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference code 300-40 in the subject.
Interviews will take place on 27th of August, 2019.
The intern will start September 3, 3019
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.