The Hivos Global Office is offering an internship opportunity to gain experience in programme implementation and research in international arts and culture within the Resource Of Open Minds (R.O.O.M.) programme. The objective of the internship is to strengthen the practical (research) skills of a graduate/ in the context of an international organization that implements programmes on the ground.
R.O.O.M. supports the creative work of a new generation of artists, musicians, filmmakers and content creators worldwide who investigate and challenge the status quo in the societies in which they live. R.O.O.M. is the place for these creative futurists: young people who have a critical independent mindset and a do-it-yourself attitude. As Hivos, we believe that creative and critical art has the power to question hegemonic structures in society, to create alternative narratives, imagine new realities, and bring about progressive social change. We aim to contribute to the diversification of dialogue, debate and dissent in society.
The programme is entering into a second phase as of April 1st. We are looking for an intern who can work with us to set up this new phase. The focus of the internship is on the following programme components: Digital Earth fellowship; African Crossroads Collaboration Grants; Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Assisting with developing open calls for the Digital Earth fellowship and the African Crossroads collaboration grants
- Support with communicating and promoting the activities of Digital Earth
- Write short texts for our programme websites, online publications and newsletter
- Support in developing the Monitoring and Evaluation framework
The Open Thematic Area ‘Freedom of Expression’, specifically R.O.O.M. (Resource of Open Minds) Programme.
- A (recently graduated) student of a culture-oriented HBO or WO such as art history or cultural studies;
- Affinity with contemporary art;
- Organizational skills and experience in production;
- A focus on results, with a hands-on mentality and good communications skills;
- Stress resistance and the capability to perform diverse tasks under time pressure;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Living in The Netherlands;
- Excellent command of the English language;
What we offer
We offer a stimulating work environment in a professional international organization with very dedicated staff. The internship position is offered as soon as possible for the period of four to six months, with possible extension for a longer period. As a graduate intern you will receive a fee and travel cost are compensated in accordance with Hivos regulations. You will work at Hivos Global Office in The Hague/Amsterdam as part of the R.O.O.M. programme and the Digital Earth team.
Hivos is an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organizations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
Want to know more?
For more information: Renée Roukens, project officer firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Please apply before March 5, 2020. Both a letter of motivation and resume need to be submitted in English to Hivos via e-mail to email@example.com with reference code 300-46 in the subject.
Interviews will take place on 12th of March, 2020.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.