Hivos Southeast Asia (Hivos SEA) seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of Project Manager.
Respect for diversity is a national consensus and was forged in the Pancasila’s Bhinneka Tunggal Ika by the founding fathers of the Republic of Indonesia. It has been a living practice throughout the archipelago and times, but now is undermined by the exclusivist views in public discourse and institutions. Creative Youth for Tolerance (CREATE) program aims to improve pluralism and tolerance in schools. Inspired by humanist values, Hivos will implement CREATE that facilitates multi-actor collaboration and partnerships to address interreligious and interethnic harmony in Indonesia. CREATE adopts an innovative arts and culture-based approach as an entry point for efforts to promote tolerance and pluralism at the secondary school level, enhances the capacity and will among young people to constructively manage differences, and provides a counterweight to the intolerant messaging students get from other sources.
Aim of the job
Project Manager (PM) primary responsibilities are aimed at providing overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the objectives and results defined in CREATE contract. S/he is expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments. This individual shall act as the key liaison between donor and all other counterparts and implementing partners. In implementing the project s/he delivers results through the successful management of the Hivos project cycle; mobilizes resources; acts as a dynamic and inspiring team leader; leads staff; and directs program implementation. The position requires significant coordination skills, broad general and technical knowledge, experience in developing countries and Indonesian context especially on pluralism and education, and skills to ensure coherence and consistency in spite of urgent deadlines.
The position of PM is vertically linked to Program Development Manager, Hivos Southeast Asia and coordinate and supervise project and finance officers. Within the project, s/he may work in close partnership with support functions, with advocacy, communications officers, DME&L and other functions
Roles and responsibilities
- Serves as the main point of contact for the contract with donor and government representatives by providing leadership and technical guidance to all stakeholders involved.
- Leads and oversees the operations of the contract to achieve successful implementation of activities.
- Leads and manages a team of staff to meet project milestone.
- Manage partners and monitor their progress.
- Provides technical leadership and oversight of all initiatives taken under CREATE contract.
- Oversees project’s overall key performance indicators and ensures compliance with donor and host country regulations.
- Manage the portfolio team members’ day-to-day activities, as well as professional development, including periodic performance assessment, and facilitation of capacity development Action Plans to assist staff in reaching their full potential.
- Forge strong relationships and builds supportive networks with relevant stakeholders and managing communication about the project in Indonesia and the relevant work of the project’s stakeholders.
- Contribute to Hivos overall organizational and policy development.
Knowledge and experiences
Level: Senior Only
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in social sciences, development studies, or other related field, or 7 years of relevant professional experience in lieu of Master’s Degree;
- A minimum of ten (10) years or more of progressively responsible international and/or domestic work experience implementing multi-sector development programs with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills;
- At least five (5) years of management experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff and assembling teams working on multi-faceted international development programs;
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in democratization, human rights and tolerance programs;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing engagement with multi-stakeholders and at different levels;
- A familiarity with and commitment to addressing interfaith and interethnic tolerance in project sectors is also required, as demonstrated by at least two years of senior-level experience working on projects that addressed gender-related constraints;
- A familiarity with and commitment to addressing gender equality in project sectors as demonstrated by at least two years of senior-level experience working on projects that addressed gender-related constraints;
- Demonstrated excellent communications and writing abilities and superior interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Extensive knowledge of grant administrative and procurement practices;
- Fluent in English.
- Relevant technical background in tolerance and pluralism, peace building, citizenship education and teaching in high school, or art and culture;
- Familiarity with the socio-economic landscape of Indonesia
- Knowledge of and familiarity with key stakeholders in relevant government at ministerial and local levels and with donor communities.
- Experience in managing USAID funded programs or similar Fix Agreement Awards is a plus
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Project Manager graded in Grade: 10-11 (from 1-13 Hivos’s SEA salary grade).
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com no later than 19 March 2020.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (PM CREATE) in the ‘subject’ line of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/
Opened position for national level / Indonesian nationality.