The Project Manager VOICE falls under supervision of and reports to the Program Development Manager Open Women’s Empowerment and Sexual Rights (WE&SR).
The Project Manager will provide senior leadership and be responsible for the day-to-day management including planning, implementing and monitoring of the project. The position is Philipine-based with some travel for coordination meeting.
Communication and Representation:
- Coordinate the implementation of the Voice programme in the country in liaison with management team in country and Voice Coordination Team in the Hague
- In close coordination with Country Director and Country Management Team represent the Voice programme in the country vis à vis country stakeholders
- Coordinate the communities of stakeholders in the country and liaise with the linking and learning focal point in the country / regional team
- Coordinate and lead on pro-active and innovative outreach to the target groups for the Voice programme and coordinates the dissemination of information about the calls to them
- Launch and assess open country proposal calls and assess proposals with support from Voice global coordination team and others, guaranteeing application of Voice grant making criteria, principles and processes
- Regular communication with the Voice Coordination Team in particular the Grants Coordinator
Grant Management and Partner Support
- Support organisation of Voice programme events and activities
- Provide technical support as needed to potential grantees in the formulation of grant applications
- Mentor and provide technical assistance to grantees in the implementation of projects on an as needed basis
- Support capacity development and empowerment approaches
- Coordinate and support in-country grants team in carrying out programme and accountability assessments
- Ensure effective post contract grant management including collection and assessment of reports, follow up, communication with and monitoring grantees on the ground; ensure scheduled payments to grantees, and liaise with finance officer to ensure seamless grantee management and communication
- Manage, review and make recommendations to change as needed to ensure that grant processes are in line with Voice needs and promote effective grant making
Compliance and Reporting
- Process and monitor information on grant allocation in the administrative system
- Responsible for country level reporting on the Voice programme (grant portfolio reporting, data collection and learning, time writing)
- Develop and prepare operational reports for grant management at national and global level
- Administer Voice policies and procedures in accordance with country and organisational guidelines
- Track Voice grant compliance and bring instances of non-compliance to the attention of the Country Director and Voice Coordination Team
- Support grants and financial data reconciliation and preparation for reports, audits and other Voice reporting as needed
- Monitor regulations and their effect on grant making.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- 5 years experience with large scale grant management
- Experience with large scale grant management.
- Knowledge of grant funding policies and procedures and applicable country/ national regulations.
- Knowledge of and affinity with social inclusion, marginalization, lobby & advocacy.
- Relevant Academic background (MA level) or similar.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Administrative project management skills.
- Excellent ICT skills ( Microsoft Office and database).
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to priorities multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to analyses budgetary line items for compliance with budget guidelines
What we offer
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies. For more information about Hivos Southeast Asia, visit https://www.hivos.org/.