Are you driven by a desire to contribute to gender equality, women empowerment and poverty reduction by scaling up energy access in development countries? Do you have knowledge and experience in project management and administration? Are you keen to be part of a process that translates project interventions and their implementation into concrete outcomes? Are you a team player, with good conceptual skills and excellent social and communication skills?
What is your responsibility?
As a Project Officer (PO) you contribute to the performance of ENERGIA’s programs as well as the performance of the ENERGIA International Secretariat:
- You contribute to the management and administration of the programs to ensure the successful implementation and delivery on the programs’ objectives, interventions, work plans and budgets.
- You facilitate the programs’ technical and financial reporting and external communications to donors and partners.
- You manage procurement/quality management procedures and subcontractors with partners and consultants.
- You manage the implementation and improvements to the program’ monitoring plans and learning agenda
- You contribute to the continuation of the programs through successful acquisition of new funding.
- You manage the programs archives and coordinate administrative and secretarial activities with the Project Assistant.
- You support the ENERGIA Program Manager in facilitating and organizing internal processes (planning, monitoring, reporting, team work) and the programs external evaluations.
- Your position is part of the ENERGIA International Secretariat. You will be supervised by the ENERGIA Program Manager and engage directly with other ENERGIA and Green team members.
What is your profile?
We expect you to have a master degree and expertise in a related sector. You are a team player, with strong social and interpersonal skills and experience working with people from different cultural backgrounds. You have excellent project management and administration skills. You possess good communication (written and orally) skills in English and are able to work with relevant computer applications (word, excel, email, skype, Bluetooth, etc.). You possess strong conceptual and analytical skills. You are independent, decisive and able to organize your work yourself, in a professional, structured way, which is oriented towards results and delivers on deadlines. You have at least three year relevant work experience working in an international environment.
What do we offer?
We offer a stimulating work environment within a professional international organization with very dedicated staff, including international travel. You will be based at Hivos Global Office in The Hague. Employment is initially offered for the period of 12 months starting ASAP. Your gross salary depends on the level of seniority experience to a maximum of € 4.350,- (Hivos Grade 11) based on a 36 hours work week. Travel cost compensation is in accordance with Hivos Regulations. You will be offered participation in the pension fund ‘Zorg & Welzijn’.
Hivos is hosting the International Secretariat (IS) of the ENERGIA International Network on Gender and Sustainable Energy (www.energia.org) as part of its Green Society portfolio.
Established in 1996, ENERGIA brings together institutions and individual partners, to work towards a shared vision that “women and men have equal and equitable access to, and control over, sustainable energy services as an essential human right to development”. ENERGIA’s central focus on solving the energy access problems of poor women in developing countries, is consistent with the global agenda on poverty eradication, universal access to energy and gender equality under the 2030 development agenda.
ENERGIA works to achieve its goal through:
- supporting integration of gender in energy sector policies and goals, budget, projects and programs, and organizations at the international, regional and national level (Policies and Institutionalisation);
- scaling up proven business models that strengthen the capacity of women led enterprises to deliver energy products and services to low income rural and urban communities (Entrepreneurship);
- increasing individual and organizational expertise in gender mainstreaming methods and tools (Capacity development);
- generating the evidence base, managing and sharing knowledge and information on the energy, gender and sustainable development linkages with a view to improving project, program and policy design (research and knowledge management and); and
- increasing the inclusion of stakeholders and other participants in forums and debates on gender issues, approaches, and impacts (Advocacy and Networking).