For our Iran program Hivos is seeking a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy of Project Officer. The position is for four and half days per week for one year. An extension for a longer period is possible depending on performance and provided sufficient financial resources are available. The Project Officer is answerable to the Middle East and North Africa director.
As a Project Officer, you are responsible for different aspects of the Hivos Iran program, including:
- Monitoring implementation of current projects, assessing and evaluating the reporting of partner organizations, and entering relevant data in the project administration system
- Assessing project proposals and budgets from partner organizations and negotiating agreements on projects and their implementation, including entering data in the project administration system
- Preparing Hivos reporting on implementation of projects to donor agencies
- Developing and drafting project concept notes and filing proposals for new projects, including Monitoring and Evaluation, Security, and Sustainability Plans
- Performing ad hoc tasks as required within Iran team
We are looking for a Project Officer who can work under pressure and who is well organized, independent, critical, thorough, and consistent, and who has:
- A relevant educational background, preferably related to the MENA region
- Good communication and strong social interaction skills both verbally and in writing in English and Farsi
- Three to five years relevant work experience in project management, preferably in the MENA region and non-profit sector, and experience with proposal writing and fundraising
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience handling sensitive information or working in closed environments
- Experience with MS Word, Excel and Power Point, and preferably also with PGP, Photoshop and/or HTML
What we offer
We offer a stimulating work environment in a professional international organization with very dedicated staff. Employment is offered as soon as possible for the period of one year with a possible extension for a longer period, depending on availability of funding. Your salary will depend on experience and relevant education and based on Hivos GO scale 10, minimum € 2,875.05 and maximum € 4,069.85 gross per month
Hivos is an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organizations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
The Middle East and North Africa program of Hivos
The Middle East and North Africa program of Hivos contributes to political and societal processes that aim at societal transformation to pluralist and democratic societies with respect for human rights and equal opportunities for all citizens. It collaborates with a variety of stakeholders including citizen activists and civil society organizations both in the region and in the diaspora to promote respect for fundamental freedoms and enhance the space for citizen participation.
Want to know more?
For more information, please contact Mr Tini van Goor, Director MENA Program: email@example.com
How to apply
You can apply before January 27, 2020.
Both a letter of motivation and resume need to be submitted in English to Hivos via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference code 400-28
Direct applications only. No recruiters, please.