You work in the Open Society program unit at the Global Office of Hivos. This unit works in three themes: Freedom & Accountability, Women’s Empowerment and Sexual Rights & Diversity.
- Assist the Open Society program team with project management tasks; drafting contracts, planning and assessing reports, participating in evaluations;
- Assist the Open Society program team with drafting grant proposals;
- Assist the Open Society Program Director in annual plans and report and in day to day tasks;
- Support the Open Society program team meeting;
- Support the Global Program Development Managers team.
- You have a Masters’ degree or equivalent in development studies, governance or another relevant field.
- Preferable knowledge of the different themes in the Open Society Program.
- Excellent English writing and verbal skills.
- You possess strong analytical skills.
- You are independent; decisive and able to organize your work yourself, in a professional, structured way, which is oriented towards results and delivers on deadlines.
- You have excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in English and are able to prioritize when working under pressure, be a good team player and experienced working in multicultural environments.
What we offer
We offer a stimulating work environment in a professional international organization with very dedicated staff. Employment is offered for one year. Salary, depending on experience, is between € 2,266.00 and € 3,260.00 gross per calendar month for 32 hours per week. Travel costs are compensated in accordance with Hivos Regulations. We offer participation in the pension fund.
Hivos is an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organizations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
Want to know more?
For more information: Will Janssen, Director Open Society Program Global Office Hivos
tel. +31 70 376 5500.
How to apply
Please apply before Friday June 28, 2019. Both a letter of motivation and resume need to be submitted in English to Hivos via e-mail to email@example.com with reference code: 300-36
You should live in the Netherlands and in the possession of a residence- and work permit for the Netherlands.
Applications through job-agencies or other websites (besides Hivos and Oneworld) will not be accepted.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.