Established in 1996, ENERGIA, the International Network on Gender and Sustainable Energy, is an informal network that brings together institutions and individuals, to work towards a shared vision that “women and men have equal and equitable access to, and control over, sustainable energy services as an essential human right to development”. This is aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals’ (SDGs) ambitions: to ensure universal access to energy (SDG 7), to achieve gender equality and empower women (SDG 5), to eradicate poverty (SDG 1), and to promote environmentally and climate-related sustainable development (SDG 13).
ENERGIA is hosted by Hivos Foundation, an international nongovernmental organization based in The Netherlands, that provides the legal and fiduciary framework within which ENERGIA’s work is funded and implemented. The ENERGIA International Secretariat (IS) based within Hivos Global Green Society team, coordinates the network and manages its international programs, and works closely with other key actors in the network; its project partners, the Advisory Group and Technical Advisors.
ENERGIA has developed its strategy for the next 4 years 2018 – 2022. The strategy aims to:
- catalyse women’s economic empowerment (WE) in the sustainable energy value chain.
- improve the enabling market and policy environment for gender equality in the energy sector.
- strengthen ENERGIA’s voice as a thought leader pioneering innovations and knowledge on gender and energy
As the ENERGIA WE Project Manager you will lead the implementation and further development of ENERGIA’s women economic empowerment portfolio. In this capacity, you will contribute to the performance of the ENERGIA International Secretariat as a key member of the team and report to the ENERGIA International Coordinator and Program Manager.
- Oversee and ensure effective implementation and delivery of ENERGIA’s WE project activities, in close coordination with other ENERGIA IS team members.
- Support ENERGIA’s strategic planning and contribute to the development and acquisition of new WE project.
- Collaborate efficiently and effectively with project partners to ensure smooth implementation of WE project activities on the ground.
- Support ENERGIA’s liaison with the donor on contractual issues related to the WE projects activities.
- Provide regular monitoring of the status of the WE project activities, undertake country missions and provide substantive input into the development of narrative and financial progress reports as per contractual obligations to donors.
- Contribute to the visibility/positioning of ENERGIA on WE issues in the energy sector, including representing ENERGIA at international and regional forums.
- Contribute to ENERGIA’s communication objectives and production of WE content for promotional/knowledge products.
- Facilitate networking and cross learning on WE among ENERGIA’s partners.
- Build and maintain relevant networks and mutually beneficial relationships with strategic partners and key stakeholders and explore opportunities for the development of synergies with other WE initiatives.
- You are committed to the mission statements and values of Hivos and ENERGIA.
- You have a master’s degree in business management, economics or other related disciplines.
- You have a minimum of five years of professional experience on women’s economic empowerment particularly in the fields of women’s entrepreneurship development and access to finance.
- You have a minimum of three years working experience incorporating gender analysis/component in projects in the energy or other productive sectors.
- You have a proven track record working with an international development organisation, managing projects and working successfully with partners and donors.
- You have a proven track record fundraising for projects, presenting at international events and in building a network with relevant development partners, influencers and CSOs.
- You have experience working with people from different cultural backgrounds and have proven work experience in Asia and/or Africa.
- You have the ability to work independently and constructively in a team and to cope with workload pressure and deadlines,
- You have excellent coordination, organizational and analytical skills with strong sense of initiative and reliability.
- You have excellent written and oral communications skills in English, excellent computer skills and e-mail applications and are willing to travel frequently internationally and in Asia and Africa.
- For the position in the Netherlands: you live in the Netherlands, you are a EU citizen or have, or are able to get, a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands.
What we offer
We offer a stimulating work environment in a professional international organization with very dedicated staff. You will be based at Hivos Global Office in The Hague. Employment is offered as soon as possible, for a period of one year, with the strong possibility of extension for a period of at least four years, based on performance and available funding. Depending on your experience and skills your salary will be in accordance with Hivos salary scale 12 (between € 3.281,17 and € 4.470,36 gross per month, based on a 32 hours work week). Travel costs are compensated in accordance with internal regulations and legal requirements. You will be subscribed to the pension fund ‘Zorg & Welzijn’ and a collective health insurance discount is offered.
For more information, please contact Sheila Oparaocha, ENERGIA International Coordinator and Program Manager, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition on the basis of this vacancy will not be appreciated.
Please apply before the January 21, 2019. Both a letter of motivation and resume need to be submitted in English to Hivos via e-mail to email@example.com with reference code 200-06 in the subject title. Interviews are expected to take place in February 2019.