“International leader in social innovation”
At the heart of Hivos’ strategy are frontrunners, be it activists, social entrepreneurs, civil society or artists, that operate at the frontline of developments, due to their great ideas, new solutions, high-impact collaborations, and bold approaches. Hivos catalyzes their innovative, persistent attempts to realize social change.
Hivos has almost 400 passionate employees, working in different locations around the world. The Executive Board – currently consisting of Executive Director Edwin Huizing and Director of Operations Sanne Nolst Trenité – is entrusted with the management of the organisation. Hivos’ Strategy, Communication and Innovation Unit (SCI) at the Global Office in The Hague plays a pivotal role in developing/facilitating the corporate Hivos strategy.
The Social Innovation Specialist offers internal advice, support and coaching to colleagues all over the world, guiding them in the pitching, follow through, and implementation of project ideas in collaboration with external partners. You will build on, create, and update methodologies, tools and training for social innovation and engage programme staff and partners to use these in their day-to-day work.
You are a motor for iteration and continuous learning, and up-to-date with developments in the field of design thinking, social innovation and international development. Together with your colleagues, and in collaboration with external partners, you come up with new ideas to cope with persistent global problems.
You are driving social innovation within Hivos, enabling others to come to change making interventions to bring about social change. In addition, you contribute to Hivos’ ambition to be a learning organisation.
Amongst others, you have the following skills and experience:
- You have a university degree in a relevant field.
- You have at least 7 years working experience in an international purpose-driven environment, preferably in the world of international development and social innovation.
- You are an expert on design thinking and social innovation methodologies. You have experience in producing guidelines and toolkits.
- You have strong analytical skills that allow you to challenge current work practices and enhance learning amongst Hivos staff and key stakeholders.
- You have a “can do” mentality with experience in project management and the facilitation of multi-actor platforms. You are familiar with the coaching of individuals through various innovation and program development cycles.
- You are an excellent writer in English and preferably Dutch and/or Spanish.
- You are willing to travel internationally (approx. 4 times a year).
What we offer
Hivos offers a stimulating work environment in an informal international organisation with dedicated staff. This is a position for 3 years but employment will initially be offered for the period of 1 year.
Your gross salary depends on your experience and will be based on Hivos GO scale 12, with a minimum of € 3.580,- and up to a maximum of € 4.880,- based on a 36-hours work week.
Hivos is an international organisation for social change. Based on a track record of 50 years of partnering with frontrunners in daring, innovative and impactful development programmes, Hivos seeks new and creative solutions to persistent global problems, such as discrimination, inequality, abuse of power, and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Hivos works towards open and green societies. Please see https://hivos.org/about-hivos for more information about our vision and mission.
For more information on this vacancy, you may contact Irene Vervelde, consultant, via telephone number 088 00 868 00. Use this link to download the job profile.