“Senior strategist, connecting innovation and learning”
At the heart of Hivos’ strategy are frontrunners, be it activists, social entrepreneurs, civil society or artists, that operate at the frontline of developments, due to their great ideas, new solutions, high-impact collaborations, and bold approaches. Hivos catalyzes their innovative, persistent attempts to realize social change.
Hivos has almost 400 passionate employees, working in different locations around the world. The Executive Board – currently consisting of Executive Director Edwin Huizing and Director of Operations Sanne Nolst Trenité – is entrusted with the management of the organisation. Hivos’ Strategy, Communication and Innovation Unit (SCI) at the Global Office in The Hague plays a pivotal role in developing/facilitating the corporate Hivos strategy.
The Strategy and Innovation Coordinator is responsible for the design and execution of corporate strategy processes, for propelling and supporting social innovation, and for facilitating collective learning processes throughout the organisation.
You coordinate a small team of specialists that are located in different hubs around the world and together deliver the results envisaged within the agreed budget. You advise the Executive Board and the Management Team on your impact areas. You develop and implement your own projects to increase the effectiveness and innovativeness of the organisation.
You are a motor for iteration and continuous learning, and up-to-date with developments in the field of international development cooperation and social innovation where you will represent Hivos on several occasions.
Amongst others, you have the following skills and experience:
- You have a Master degree in a relevant field.
- You have at least 7 years working experience in an international purpose-driven environment.
- You have extensive knowledge of and a proven track record in (corporate) strategy development, social innovation, knowledge management and learning.
- You are able to think outside the box and apply creative approaches that challenge mainstream thinking and practices.
- You have a “can do” mentality with experience in project management and the facilitation of multi-actor platforms.
- You are an excellent writer in English and preferably Dutch and/or Spanish.
- You have experience as a team lead and in a changing organisation
- You are willing to travel internationally (approx. 4 times a year).
What we offer
Hivos offers a stimulating work environment in an informal, international organisation with dedicated staff. Employment is offered for the period of 12 months with possible extension.
Your gross salary is a maximum of € 4.880,- based on a 36 hour work week and Hivos Global Office scale 12. Scaling depends on your level of experience.
Hivos is an international organisation for social change. Based on a track record of 50 years of partnering with frontrunners in daring, innovative and impactful development programmes, Hivos seeks new and creative solutions to persistent global problems, such as discrimination, inequality, abuse of power, and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Hivos works towards open and green societies. Please see https://hivos.org/about-hivos for more information about our vision and mission.
For more information on this vacancy, you may contact Irene Vervelde, consultant, via telephone number 088 00 868 00. Use this link to download the job profile.